Growth and Maintenance
The L.O.C. Method – Leave-In/Liquid, Oil, Cream
If you are like most parents that struggle to keep their curly kids’ hair moisturized, then you might want to try the LOC method (Leave-In/Liquid, Oil, Cream). The LOC method has been praised by tons of parents for its ability to keep hair moisturized for days on end. The name signifies the order in which products should be applied to the hair. This layering of products ensures maximum moisture retention by using oils and butters to seal moisture in as they are notorious for their ability to prevent water from evaporating from the hair shaft. To start using the LOC method, follow these simple steps while using the suggested LOC method products:
– Use water or add a water-based leave-in conditioner or moisturizer to hair that has been washed thoroughly. When searching for a good leave-in conditioner, a good rule of thumb to follow is to pick a leave-in with water (aqua) as its first ingredient. Try using the following products as your Liquid:
- Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk
- Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
- Cantu Leave-In Repairing Cream
- Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
- Bee Mine Juicy Spritz
– Apply a thin layer of a natural oil to your child’s hair to help lock in the moisture. Try using the following oils:
- Coconut Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Argan Oil
– Apply a butter-based, creamy moisturizer to the hair to seal that moisture in. Try using the following products as your Cream:
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
- Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter
- Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel
- Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
- Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding
- As I Am Double Butter Cream
– Style hair as desired.
What products do you use for your LOC method?
15 Free Recipes for Longer, Healthier Hair!
Better than any hair product that you may find on store shelves, our DIY recipes will help replenish moisture, promote hair growth and save you a ton of $$$! And we are giving away 15 Recipes FREE! Subscribe now for your INSTANT DOWNLOAD!